Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:27:48 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Ilya Obshadko <ilya@zhurnal.ru>
To:        "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@forumone.com>
Cc:        Juriy Goloveshkin <j@avias.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Re[2]: mysql problems after upgrading to 3.2-stable

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Alok K. Dhir wrote:

> The mysql322 port builds fine on 3.x using mit-pthreads.  I think the port
> patches the mit-pthreads library to build correctly on 3.x to allow it to work.

Yes, mysql from binary package works without crashing, but performance is
relatively slow in comparison to mysql that is built from sources (that's
because of using in port non-native threads and tcp/ip connection instead
of unix socket).

> It seems to work pretty good over here, so I am trying to decide if I should
> switch to the patched uthread libaray version...

Seems that it works fine.

#-- email: ilya@zhurnal.ru, ilya24@chat.ru -----------------#