Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 01:36:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        Ted Stein <ted@taki.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enough Microsoft

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Ted Stein wrote:

> Is this a list for FreeBSD advocacy suggestions, or a place to bash
> Microsoft? If you want us to (for example) write a letter to our state
> attorneys against Microsoft, pitch it out to -chat as an idea for spare
> time. I've seen a few good advocacy ideas come through here, definitely,
> and I don't mean any insult to those of you who are anti-Microsoft (and
> show it here) or those who aren't. I simply mean that there is a threat of
> "Microsoft this" and "Microsoft that" breaking out, and that's why I left
> Linux.

	Well, I can see your point and do sympathise with it, I cannot
agree with it.  Yes, bashing is booring, but I count on the better posts
to published articles, etc. as things I can cite when arguing the
correctness of choosing a non-MS OS for certain applications.  It sounds a
lot better to have anecdotes and analysis, than it does to say "Well, I
don't think your considering the alternatives. Listen to me!"

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,