Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 19:05:28 +0300
From:      Antti-Pekka Liedes <apl@mail.cs.hut.fi>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   adding new syscalls, part two

I already read previous thread on adding syscalls, and I did everything as
it said, ie. added my new syscall to syscalls.master and ran makesyscalls.
Now, everything works considering the kernel, but I can't make a working
libc.  I tried as was told in the previous syscalls thread, but when linking
the shared libc, I get:
ld: acl_establish_daemon.so: RRS text relocation at 0x207d6 for
"SYS_acl_establish_daemon"

Because of this(?), ld.so can't resolve SYS_acl_establish_daemon in libc.so,
and thus can't link it either, and obviously nothing works when you can't
link shared libc.

--
Antti-Pekka Liedes  *         apl@IRC        *  There's no sign of the
JMT 6 B 406         *        apl@iki.fi      *  morning coming, you've been