Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:34:26 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        wes@softweyr.com, scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk, licia@o-o.org, jcwells@u.washington.edu, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet Explorer and UNIX

At 11:00 AM 10/31/98 +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
>On Friday, 30 October 1998 at 23:03:51 +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
>>> Oh and at the same time, kudos to Netscape, since we don't see Internet
>>> Hygenist (er Explorer) being ported to anything but Mac and Windows.  I
>>> personally hope it stays that way as well.
>>
>> Actually, you can download it for Solaris from the Microsoft
>> Internet Explorer WWW site.
>
>I don't think we should certify pirated software.
>
>Greg

IE for Solaris isn't pirated.  and I paid 10 bucks for my copy of Solaris
(directly from SUN).. However if you are trying to be creative in saying
that IE stole Netscape's code (which is valid in many respects), then
ignore my response :)

As it goes, my personal bout with Solaris X86 is that it blows.  I'm
wishing that Netscape will port their servers at least to BSDI (In hopes
it'll work on FreeBSD, some BSDI apps do, others don't), or just port it to
FreeBSD altogether.

But I don't feel bad, because Linux isn't on the options either, it's like
DEC UNIX, HPUX, and Solaris.. and in some cases IRIX..

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998