Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:09:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling kde on 2.2.5-STABLE (originally 2.2.2-RELEASE) system

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Stefan Esser wrote:

> Could you please try building them in the order:

> kdelibs
> kdebase
> other kde packages

With Satoshi's help, I built them in the following order:

	kdelibs
	kdesupport
	remainder of kde

I do believe kdebase was already built in a previous attempt.  kdesupport
is needed before kdenetwork, but kdenetwork was being built before
kdesupport in my case.

> In fact, this sequence should be enforced even if
> you just build "kde", but I have not tried this
> myself.

That's what I was trying when I ran into the problems.

> If there is a problem building kdelibs, then kdebase,
> I'd like to receive the error messages and will try
> to fix the port. I can only test it under -current,
> myself ...

I hope my experiences can help you; everything built okay when I followed
the aforementioned order.

Matt Behrens         | Help bring  a free realtime  communication
http://www.zigg.com/ | system to the Internet.  Join the NetPager
matt@zigg.com        | Project!     http://www.zigg.com/netpager/