Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 15:18:11 -0400
From:      Chris Mullendore <mull@atlas.ontos.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is there a PPP bug in 2.0-RELEASE of FreeBSD which causes a reboot?

My symptom is that once I get the ppp link up and start to use it
moderately (for example connect a remote emacs X client to my local X
server), my system reboots!  I've been unable to find a dump file for
the kernel - thought it should be in /var/crash.

I saw the following in comp.os.386bsd.questions:

> From: pfrevel@World-net.sct.fr (pierre revel)
> Newsgroups: comp.os.386bsd.questions
> Subject: Re: HELP: How to get PPP working on FreeBSD 2.0 ?
> Date: 30 Mar 1995 07:24:58 GMT

> ... but don't forget to patch the file "if_ppp.c". The PPP daemon in R2.0 has
> a bug !

Is this so and how can I get the fix without grabbing a whole new
distribution?  (I have the sources for 2.0).

Thanks.

Chris Mullendore <mull@ontos.com> or <mull@world.std.com>