Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:41:12 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@plutotech.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, nik@iii.co.uk, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook migration to DocBook?

> > ...  Can somebody point out
> > some good documentation for DocBook?
>
> Try:
>
> 	http://www.ora.com/davenport/dbdoc/
>
> Note that the current DocBook (and the one we're using) is 3.0.  But
> only the reference documentation on that page is up-to-date with 3.0
> The overview, user's guide, and customizer's guide is all for 2.4.1.
> (Sadly, the Davenport group is seriously lacking resources: 3.0 has been
> out for over a year.)
>
> The sample documents on the Davenport FTP site (see the web site) are
> also useful.
>
> And Jonathan's prepared a nice page on using our FreeBSD tools with
> Docbook:
>
> 	http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber/docbook/

Here are some URL's that I have collected

Norman Walsh's page at http://www.berkshire.net/~norm/

Norm says that he is working on a book about DocBook which will be
published by O'Reilly.  That should be nice when it comes out.  For
now, if you browse his page you will find a useful quickref card at
http://www.berkshire.net/~norm/docbook/qr/quickref.htm

SGML/XML information

	http://www.sil.org/sgml/

Information by Mark Galassi, he is the docbook guy for the GNOME project

	http://nis-www.lanl.gov/%7erosalia/mydocs/

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl