Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 00:41:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@ppp1643.on.sympatico.ca>
To:        "Greg...-*smile*-" <greg@oz.plymouth.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xwindows compiler

[this belongs on FreeBSD-questions, not FreeBSD-hackers]

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Greg...-*smile*- wrote:

> i am new to this mailing list and...i was hoping some one could
> help me ..i am looking for some type of xwindows
> compiler.....one that i can compiler c/c++ code on..any help
> would be a great help!

Yes, FreeBSD includes a c/c++ compiler.  See "nutshell" sections
of the handbook.

There is no such thing as an "xwindows compiler", per se...  :)
However, if you want some kind of development environment which
uses Xwindows (ie. an IDE--Integrated Development Environment),
then you are in luck.  Emacs is one such environment.  There are
also ports (I believe) for ones which are similar to Borland's
IDE, and probably some other IDEs yet, too...

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names