Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chad Monteith <beowulf@sns-access.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crash Reason Assistance

Hello,
	I noticed my 3.2-STABLE box, dated August 23, stopped responding
to requests.  Upon investigation network services (couldnt ping or telnet
into it) were down, as well as (curiosly) the monitor/keyboard/mouse were
not functioning, so I could not access a login prompt, nor see one!  This
box runs BIND 8.2.1.  No user logins are allowed, alleviating that risk.
	After it was not responding for a few minutes, the machine up and
rebooted itself.  During its reload, [now the monitor works :)], it stated
"Automatic Reboot" and complained that my filesystems were not properly
dismounted.
	No crontab's nor at's for rebooting exist either :)
	last lists three entries for today, the root login, the reboot,
and my username I use to telnet into the box.  The field with my username
had the name of the perl script I was running (which didnt complete before
the "crash"), although without the extension.
	/var/log/messages just has named complaints and kernel boot
comments.

	None of the log files have any complaints about anything.
	I think the machine was not responding for about 15 minutes or so
before it rebooted.

	Any ideas?

Chad