Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:00:20 EDT
From:      "gregory kinney" <mycotropic@hotmail.com>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   the saga continues

Hi all
For those of you following my inane instilation;
I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get BSD on a 2 hard drive 486 with 2
ethernet cards.
The purpose being to use it as a file server bridge between two Win95/NT
subnets.

I ended up with one hardrive running Win95 and one running BSD(finaly), and
a boot manager that works.
NOW I am trying to get samba to run.
right.
When I follow the instructions in the book;
cd /usr/ports/net/samba
make install

it waits for a little while then tries to get about 10 ftp sites and then
prints lots of errors.

ok, i installed the ports collection - i can see the Makefile there - it
just wont WORK!
when I try to directly install from the cd by going to /cdrom with the CD in
the drive, there is nothing there
ls = zilch.

fellow newbies;
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG THIS TIME!!!!!