Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:41:34 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS passdevgonecb

Ok, top posting as a summary really - numerous threads of thought going
on now.

First, that ggatel and mountver workaround - how does zfs take that? Is
it possible zfs will have a dummy spit if this is between it writing to
the drive? I'd assume not given it can use a md device as a vnode, but
doesn't hurt to ask.

Second, I've tried another drive and still the same issue; also.swapped
cable, and still errors. So a controller test would be ideal - or a new
system is in order :)

Third, that consumer/raid drive difference seems a bit dodgy doesn't it?
:) Appears they're basically forcing you to pay up for the privilege...
wouldn't surprise me! Regardless, though, how does that stack up in an
ordinary situation? I doubt you'd have a raid certified drive in a
desktop to play games or edit home movies, and in that scenario it would
spak out as the only drive in the system and probably crash, wouldn't
it? Or am I not thinking it through properly? Possible given the amount
of sleep I've had lately...

Thanks for the brainstorming help guys.