Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2007 02:43:41 +0100
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <karol.kwiat@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade-2.2.2_1,2 corrupts portsdb

--------------enig472BA81B4FBF48E0B2D53A1E

Resending. I made a mistake, on 6.2-RELEASE portupgrade-2.2.2,2 is
installed.
Sorry!

Csaba Molnar wrote:
> I deleted /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db, then rebuilt it with pkgdb -u I think, =
and=20
> that seems to have worked.=20
>=20
> While I was updating ports before this error showed up, the options scr=
een for=20
> portupgrade showed up - and option WITH_BDB4 was unchecked. I changed t=
hat=20
> (so portupgrade was now built with bdb4) - and the problems began right=
 after=20
> this update.=20

To help to narrow the problem (both using portsnap and today's ports tree=
):

FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE
portupgrade-2.2.2_1,2
ruby18-bdb-0.5.9_2
db44-4.4.20.4
format:bdb_btree
=3D problem

FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE
portupgrade-2.2.2,2
ruby18-bdb-0.5.9_2
db44-4.4.20.4
format:dbm_hash
=3D no problem

HTH,

Karol

--=20
Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
OpenPGP 0x06E09309