Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:58:09 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sparc transition to 64-bit time_t

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 02:48:17PM -0500, Ken Smith wrote:
>=20
> Just checking...  Is there anything you'd want me to provide you that
> would make your lives easier as sparc64 moves to 64-bit time_t?  I
> hadn't been planning to make the FTP install directories generally
> available, just the ISO's.  But they're created as a side-effect
> of doing a release build so if having that available makes your
> lives easier I could get that to you.
>=20
> I went through a dress rehearsal of making a snapshot ISO this weekend
> that just included perl but I seem to have figured out how to do the
> package builds (real simple - thanks... :-).  I'll probably shoot for
> providing a full disc1 snapshot at the point Garance does the real
> commit for the cutover to 64-bit time_t and I think I'll be able to
> get the packages built on my test machine.  Sounds like he's planning
> to do it the week of March 1st.

I'm currently still working on a sparc package build for the
libpthread changes.  When that is finished (probably later this week)
I could attempt an upgrade of the sparc package machines and start on
a 64-bit time package set to see what kind of impact it has, and allow
for an easier transition so that users don't have to recompile all
their ports.  However, I won't be able to get that finished before
March 1.

Kris
--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--