Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:29:57 -0400
From:      "Tony Simaz" <ajs@garcon.qtm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP Dialup

I have set up FreeBSD 2.2.6 to be a server on my home net.  It
works great.  I have not enabled firewall services yet but that is
coming.  I do have one small problem.  The server dials out at what
seems to be random times.  I have found that it dials when I boot
my workstation to NT.  But this is not the only time it dials.  The
server is in my bedroom and at 3:00 am I hear it dial out and
connect to my ISP.  I do not have Sendmail running.  At first I
thought it was Sendmail so I shut it down as I wasn't using it
anyway.  This machine just serves as a gateway to the net.

If anyone has an idea I would appreciate hearing it.

Tony...
Good Judgment, Well that comes from experience.
Experience, Well that comes from bad judgment.