Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-current (a.out) failure for x11-toolkits/p5-Gtk

 * > There's no "new perl" that ports need to adopt -- Mark said the system
 * > perl will behave exactly the same as lang/perl5 in terms of module
 * > installation.
 *
 * OK, well, actually the problem is somewhat more straightforward
 * here.  In x11-toolkits/p5-Gtk/Makefile we find:
 *
 *        MANPREFIX=      ${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/${PERL_VERSION}
 *
 * Which clearly won't work when there's no /usr/local/lib/perl5/...  on
 * the system at all.  What's the convention for module man pages like
 * this?

I am probably completely missing something, but I don't understand.
p5-Gtk (in conjuction with perl5, either system or ports) is supposed
to install all the stuff in /usr/local/lib/perl5.  It does in 2.2, it
should in 3.0.  If it doesn't, it's the system perl that's broken, not
the p5-Gtk port.

Satoshi