Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:01:16 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        "Brian W. Cornwell" <cyclone@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 11:59:44AM -0800, Brian W. Cornwell wrote:
> Hello and good morning,
>

> What I'd like to know is if I can set up my computer as a web server so IT is a host for web sites.  Can I be my own host?
>
> Also, I've just started studying about UNIX. I've already been to all the sites online as far as Unix for beginners and other idiots.  All these are still over my head. What is the chances for someone like me to be able to learn how to do and use your system?

	As far as I'm concerned, any flavor of Unix is well within
	reach of the non-geek, non-nerd end user.

	It's like anything else techinal or quasi-techical.  Several
	weeks ago, for instance, I was determined to figure out the
	fine details of using my VCR... and after about 75 minutes
	of study I had the masses of buttons and knobs figured out.
	(Yeah, lots of cussing along the way... !)

	Same thing with Berkeley Unix.  The journey never ends because
	the path keeps changing: improving, being smoothed out, made
	ever more stable.  But then the journey is the thing.  And it's
	enjoyable.  Yes, there is a gotcha: this journey demands
	perseverance.  Given that, you can go as far as you want to.

	We'll be here to lend a hand.

	welcome aboard,

	gary kline