Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 1995 01:24:46 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.hb.north.de>
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slip -- !RUNNING

In article <199510062153.WAA14455@uriah.heep.sax.de> you write:
>Is it just me?
>
>After dialing through SLIP, i often get a connection, but suddenly
>(after a few minutes, supposedly on lousy phone lines), i get a "No
>route to host", even though the interface itself is okay, and the
>modem has succesfully retrained the line.

Ahaa?

 I too noticed i have to kill & restart slattach now after rebooting
the box at the other end of my direct slip line (has dtr & cd crossed),
i think with 2.0.5 this was different...

 Does that modem toggle its CD line during a retrain?  that would
be a bug (IMHO, or can you turn this off?) but it could explain what
you see.

 hope this helps,
	Juergen