Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:58:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hardware branding (was: Hardware support ?)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

>In the framework of the branding, should we give some kind of
>recognition for people who provide programming information?

In the spirit of branding, I think that any where the word "software" is
used to describe branding one could substitute "hardware" or even the very
general word "product".

One might be concerned about diluting the conciseness of the branding
effort into something that is barely comprehensible because it's scope has
grown too large.

Food for thought.

Don't forget the fledgling www.openhardware.org who are trying to do this
very thing for the community at large.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/