Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:06:51 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Sven Reimers <reimers@tu-harburg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 Release - Out or not?

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:19:11 +0100, Sven Reimers wrote:

> waiting for the 3.4 -Release I started checking my favourite
> local mirror and found 3.4 -Release under /pub/FreeBSD/release/i386/ .
>
> But I can=B4t find it anywhere else. And so far no official announcement?

Doesn't that make sense to you?  It hasn't been officially announced
because it's not available everywhere, eh? :-)

> Does anybody now what is up?

The release tag has been laid down in the repository.  Since mirrors
don't download the release as a binary distribution, but rather build it
from their own sources, the availability of a release on a given mirror
isn't a thing that conforms to any rigid schedule.

> So if anybody can shed some light on my turmoiled mind.....

Sure.  Just chill out and wait for the announcement. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.