Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:53:26 -0800
From:      Gregory Carvalho <GregoryC@stcinc.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dump/restore problem

I am unable to restore /usr/newdrv/Employment from a dump volume. I
receive the following:

# restore -xvf /dev/nrsa0 /usr/newdrv/Employment/
Verify tape and initialize maps
Tape block size is 10
Dump   date: Sat Jan  1 16:16:17 2000
Dumped from: the epoch
Level 0 dump of /usr/newdrv on homer.stcinc.com:/dev/da1c
Label: none
Extract directories from tape
Initialize symbol table.
./usr/newdrv/Employment is not on the tape
Extract requested files
You have not read any tapes yet.
Unless you know which volume your file(s) are on you should start
with the last volume and work towards the first.
Specify next volume #: ^Crestore interrupted, continue? [yn] n

I am using FreeBSD 3.2R. I have tried entering 0 through 4 for the
volume, but to no avail. restore -t displays the Employment dir and it's
files. I would appreciate someone explaining the proper restore command
syntax since mine is obviously flawed.

--
Cordially,
Gregory Carvalho		GregoryC@stcinc.com