Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:37:19 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Commercial Tripwire available for Linux, not FreeBSD

At 10:25 PM 2/25/99 , Brett Glass wrote:
>At 07:45 PM 2/25/99 -0600, David Kelly wrote:
>
>>Checking their homepage there is mention of deficiencies in Tripwire
>>1.2: http://www.tripwiresecurity.com/products/ASR1_3.html
>>
>>Naming, "Tripwire v1.3 Academic Source Release" sounds much like
>>something "for educators only" but it appears one would have to
>>download it to find out. Clicking on download it asks me to register
>>without telling me what I'm registering for or what they will do with
>>this registration information.
>
>Looks like Anne Nonymous should register and download a copy. ;-)

Privacy statement: In the following survey, we ask for your name and other
information only for purposes of corresponding with you about your ideas on
improving the Tripwire line of products. We do not sell, trade, or disclose
any of this information to any other party (except to law enforcement upon
presentation of a valid subpoena).

Looks like it does to me.

http://www.tripwiresecurity.com/cgi-bin/transfer.cgi?prod=ids1.3unix.tar.gz
[Source]

Here you go.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP DSS/1024 Public Key ID: 0x409A1F7D