Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:44:00 -0500
From:      Darren Bremer <bremerd@box.netinc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   having a problem

I have a USR 14.4 hooked up to a BSD box.  I am trying to establish a
connection with this box remotely using a 33.6 int. modem.  I have checked
over and over again the gettytab and ttys settings and everything matches
no problem.  I still can't seem to get a login: prompt on my remote system.
 If I do a "ps ax" on the BSD box I see that the getty on the ttyd1 port is
running but I still don't have a login: prompt.  Please help!!!!

Darren