Date:      21 Jun 2001 02:56:31 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes to the /etc/rc* boot system

"David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:32:24PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> > 	I think that we're closer to agreement here than it may appear. Last I
> > heard from obrien he was overloaded, and wasn't looking to head this up
> > himself unless no one else was going to do it.
> At this point I view myself as more of a facilitator than the one coming
> up with the patches.

I think a step in the right direction might be to fiddle with our
Makefiles so that developers have the option to install the NetBSD rc
stuff instead of our own.  I know that it won't work properly for a
while, but it would lower the amount of effort needed for anyone to
start hacking on it.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org