Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:14:29 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Chris England" <cengland@obscurity.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: icq temporarly disconnects

Here's another 5 cents worth ..... I use Win98 / Win2000 Server / Win2000
Server machines
on a LAN with a FreeBSD 3.2 gateway / router running a permanent dialup
modem connection.
I've never been able to get the regular version of ICQ working on LAN boxes,
but the special "ICQ for NetMeeting" version works fine and keeps connected
for weeks at a time