Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 10:05:32 -0400
From:      Ed Paquette <ed@edz.org>
To:        Nathan Warren <nwarren@globix.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP problems with recompiled kernel

Howdy.

This may be because the APIC table  on Compaq isn't configured to be "Full".

Run the configuration utility for the box.  (You should be able to download a
bootable disk image / config utility from Compaq).  When the menu appears,
press CTRL-A to enter "Advanced Mode".

Here a new option for "APIC Full Table Mode" appears. Select this, and try
your SMP kernel again.

Good Luck

-ed