Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:14:47 +0400
From:      "Andrew Karjagin" <Andrew.Karjagin@newmail.ru>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cronyx on async leased line

Hello!
I have FreeBSD 4.2 server and 8-port Cronyx Sigma-800
adapter on it, which can work in sync and async modes. Also
I have clients, which use windows or linux OS and they want
to connect to my server by leased telephone line with M-160
leased-line modems (which can work in sync and async modes
too). On client side I connect modem to COM async port on
115200 speed, install the driver and it OK. Leased line OK -
modems can view each one and I can test it.
At the side of server I recompile the kernel for cx driver
and ifconfig show me 8 devices cx0-cx7. I use "modem"
subprog in /etc/rc.serial for setting speed 115200 (stty on
cx) and use sconfig for setting cx0-cx7 params (sconfig cx0
async 115200 port=rs232).
When I start "ifconfig cx0 inet x.x.x.x y.y.y.y netmask
255.255.255.255" command - it doesn"t work. I think that I
must use pppd/ppp program for it on async line, but I am
not sure that pppd understand cx0 interface instead ppp0.
May be anybody made it?
Thank you for your help!