Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:56:54 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Gordon Bergling <gbergling@0xfce3.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to handling read only cvs trees

Hi Brooks,

> Either pack the files up in a shar or tarball or use diff -N against
> /dev/null to create that part of the diff by hand.  FWIW, CVS wouldn't
> do it for you even if you could add the files.

It would.  This has been a problem for me either and I finally switched
to have my own CVS repository belonging to my user.  This is a great
waste of disk space, but this is how CVS works.  I think however this
could be corrected without much pain because as far as I can remember,
an ``add'' command will just add a line to CVS/Entries without
even touching the repository, until the change is commited.

Unfortunately I don't have actually any time to do this, sorry.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen