Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:17:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        alexander smishlajev <als@turnhere.com>
Cc:        pf20360@email.csun.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I've confused FreeBSD!

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, alexander smishlajev wrote:
> Peter Fogg wrote:
> > When I start the computer from the second drive and at the "boot:"
> > prompt enter
> > "1:wd(2,a)kernel", FreeBSD does the usual hardware probe and then
>
> it is useful to write this line to /boot.config, also.
>
> > displays the
> > following:
> >
> >       Changing root devise to wd2a
> >       Swapon: /dev/wd0s1b: Invalid argument
> >       Auto reboot in progress . . .
> >       Can’t open /dev/rwd0a: Invalid argument
> >       /dev/rwd0a: CAN’T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.
> >       /dev/rwd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fdisk MANUALLY
> >       Automatic file system check failed . . . Help!
> >       Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:
>
> press return to enter emergency shell and edit the /etc/fstab file.

First he'll need to mount / rw and also mount /usr if it's a saparate
filesystem.

# mount -u /dev/rwd2a /
# fsck /dev/rwd2s1e
# mount /dev/rwd2s1e /usr

Just guessing on the slices for /usr, might be wd2s1f too, depends
on how you set it up.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com