Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:51:57 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, kientzle@acm.org, current@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: you need to install a new kernel before an installworld.

--==_Exmh_1640474923P

If memory serves me right, Doug Barton wrote:

> This should go on the "Comprehensive guide to updating from source to 5.0"
> that I'm sure our trusty release engineers are producing?

Some of this is described in the early adopter's guide (still a work in
progress) that I committed to the release documentation set a few days
ago.

It refers to src/UPDATING for the source-upgrade-from-4.X steps, but
several people have suggested bringing this material into the document.
I'm open to that, but first:  1) I'd like the content to settle a bit
first, 2) I need to find time to do this.  #2 is less of an issue if
someone else wants to help out.

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1640474923P