Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2018 01:01:41 +0000
From:      Mateus Rodrigues de Morais <mateus@mateus.tech>
To:        "soc-status@freebsd.org" <soc-status@freebsd.org>
Cc:        David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>, "theraven@freebsd.org" <theraven@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Week 4] Porting Microsoft's CoreCLR, CoreFX, and PowerShell to FreeBSD

Hello all,

During this 4th week I managed to complete the goal of bootstrapping a work=
ing .NET Core SDK on FreeBSD to create, build, run and publish apps on the =
platform.

Some edges are still rough, since shared compilation isn=92t working, the l=
egacy implementation of the HTTP client has to be used and the default loca=
tion for SSL certs on the system has to be changed since it=92s different f=
rom Linux. But those issues have been worked around and compilation occurs =
without an issue. I=92ve been in touch with the .NET Community on GitHub an=
d we=92ve been investigating how to fix these issues.

The next step is to build the CoreFX managed tests and run them against thi=
s bootstrapped SDK to figure out which parts are failing =96 if any =96 and=
 see if this SDK is functional enough to build PowerShell.

Best,
--
Mateus de Morais