Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:03:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, chuckr@glue.umd.edu, axl@iafrica.com, gj@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Politics of /var/run (was xemacs world writable dir)

I don't have a better idea, but our /var/run/xemacs directory makes bootup
a little bit more verbose when line #98 of /etc/rc comes along.  Should
anything that goes into /var/run be removable in this fashion, including
directories?

    1   #!/bin/sh
    2   #       $Id: rc,v 1.104.2.24 1997/09/21 16:10:34 joerg Exp $
    3   #       From: @(#)rc    5.27 (Berkeley) 6/5/91

   95
   96   adjkerntz -i
   97
   98   rm -f /var/run/*
   99
  100   # Keep a copy of the boot messages around
  101   dmesg > /var/run/dmesg.boot

-Chris