Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 02:08:22 +0200
From:      "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation problem (newbie)

I have been trying to install FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE for the last 3 days.

Problem is that when it starts copying the bin distribution thingie it comes
up with the ff error:

 write error on tranfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1024 bytes)

Then when I press enter it then gives me:

 unable to transfer the bin dir fron wd0s1.  Do you want to retrive it
again.

I was installing from a dos (fat 16) partition (1.8 gig in size).

Before this I had tried to do an ftp install and the first error was the
same.

I am tryin to install this on a Compaq Deskpro with an Intel 333 Celeron
Chip, 32 meg ram, 4 gig ide drive.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kamnandi/ Kind regards
Langa Kentane  __   _
              / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   mailto:evablunted@earthling.net
             / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   http://members.xoom.com/evablunted
   * * * THE CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *