Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:33:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.truenorth.org>
To:        babkin@hq.icb.chel.su (Serge A. Babkin)
Cc:        jgrosch@sirius.com, mrcpu@cdsnet.net, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Possible Commercial app for FreeBSD.

>> >Since they displayed a willingness to port to Linux, I was figuring they
>> >may be open to other OS's as well, which isn't going to happen with Oracle
>> >or Sybase and friends.
>> >

>> I have seen the SCO version of Oracle running on FreeBSD. Granted I did'nt
>
>And how it works compared to SCO ?
>
>-SB

I can't really tell. My experence with Oracle on SCO is a 486-100 with 16
meg of ram running a very badly written application. This was several years
ago when a 486 was a "hot" machine. The one time I did see the SCO version
of Oracle running on FreeBSD was on a 586-100 with 32 meg of ram. The two
co-workers who did get it running were just playing around. They were doing
simple things like creating tables and loading 1000 records & sorting
them. It seemed damn fast but they were just playing around on a much
faster machine.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch       | Laugh while you can, monkey boy ! |    FreeBSD 2.1.5
jgrosch@sirius.com |          - John Warfin -          | UNIX for the masses