Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:01:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        bhoa@flash.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INSTALLING FreeBSD

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 bhoa@flash.net wrote:

->I'm having some difficulties choosing if I want to turn my home PC into
->a PC running FreeBSD. Once I install over Windows 95, can I uninstall
->without fear that all my programs won't run?

Windows 95 is a dysfunctional virus. If you install _over_ Win95, Win95
won't run. Uninstalled programs don't run. You can repartition your drive
and make room for both. See http://www.freebsd.org for details.

->Can I run Windows 95
->programs, such as Netscape Navigator (Win95 version) on FreeBSD? If
->possible, can I get a FreeBSD manual on installation/uninstallation sent
->to my house(bhoa   9306 Village Dr    San Antonio TX   78217)???

There is a version of Netscape for FreeBSD in the ports collection. There
is a book available from Walnut Creek. See http://www.cdrom.com.

->Once I
->have FreeBSD, does it come with any software, such as server software?
->If so, could I possible turn my PC into an internet server?!?

Yes, better than anything you imagined. Be prepared to learn. FreeBSD is a
real operating system, meant to do real work.

->Please answer my questions if possible...thank you...
->: )

Someday, as Bill Gates said, NT may be as good a Unix as Unix.

-- Jay