Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:02:40 -0700
From:      elazich@AlaskaAir.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Re(11): ARP

I found the problem, turned out to be the last thing I looked at and in
retrospect should have been the first thing.  On Friday night I
replaced my internal NIC which was a 3com (vx0) with a Novel NE5500 PCI
NIC.  SO I now have lnc1 and lnc2 NIC cards.  It was simply a matter of
the hardware having failed (and it did respond on a few ocassions
before I replaced it) once I put the new NIC in it came back up like a
champ.  Just goes to show me that I shouldn't ignore proper
troubleshooting techniques.

Eli