Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 21:32:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Bill Woods <bwoods@cybcon.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdesupport11 port build problems on -current elf

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> This seems common for ports using libqt - for some reason they don't see
> libXext in /usr/X11R6/lib (but not for everyone, apparently, since the thing
> was committed in the first place). If you add -lXext to the linker link above,
> it links fine. I don't know how to use the --rpath option suggested, but I
> suspect this is it. Any hints, anyone?

The --rpath option is an argument for libtool to tell the _runtime_ linker
where to find the libraries.  Also, try removing the --x-inc and --x-lib
configure arguments in the Makefile and see if that works.

Lastly, I haven't cvsup'd recently so I don't know what kde*11 is using,
but if it's using a recent snapshot, you can safely the part of the
makefile that has if PORTOBJFORMAT==aout, which should be if
PORTOBJFORMAT==elf.  Wait, that could be part of the problem... hmm..  Try
changing it to ==elf if it's using kde 1.0 distfiles or removing it if
it's using snapshots or 1.1 alpha files...

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |