Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:34:27 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mousetrap for port 111?

At 08:12 PM 2/20/2001, David Kelly wrote:

>Getting tired of the probes on port 111. Anyone know of a "mousetrap" to
>fake being Sun RPC, complete with emulation of what the script kiddies
>are looking for?

You mean a honeypot?

--Brett

"Suppose," [Pooh] said to Piglet, "you  wanted  to  catch  me,  how would
you do it?"

"Well,"  said  Piglet,  "I  should  do  it like this. I should make a Trap,
and I should put a  Jar  of  Honey  in  the Trap, and you would smell it,
and you would go in after it, and -- "

"And  I  would  go  in  after it," said Pooh excitedly, "only very carefully
so as not to hurt myself, and I would  get to the Jar of Honey, and I should
lick round the edges first of all,  pretending that there wasn't any more,
you know, and then I should walk away and think about it  a  little,  and
then I should come back and start licking in the middle of the jar, and
then -- "

--A. A. Milne