Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2022 10:24:09 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Archimedes Gaviola <archimedes.gaviola@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Raspberry Pi 3B Slow Boot-up

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 4:56 AM Archimedes Gaviola
<archimedes.gaviola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the default config.txt file there is [pi4] line. If I'm going to remov=
e this [pi4] line, the boot-up process is very slow. Slow in a sense that s=
ome extended time is observed as compared to the default. I already tested =
emphasizing the boot_delay=3D1 but to no avail. The reason why I removed it=
 is because I want to change the settings of the HDMI display resolution as=
 changes will not take effect with the [pi4] line in RPi 3B.

> With 14.0-CURRENT (February 24, 2022 snapshot) I have described my resolu=
tion here https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-arm/2022-February/0010=
70.html however with the latest 14.0-CURRENT (March 10, 2022 snapshot) it's=
 no longer possible. Any idea what's going on?

I don't think I'd ever tried tampering with config.txt after my
initial setup, but I found there was something weird with the default
MMC stack and it wouldn't tune sdhci frequency on any of my Pi3/Pi4.
GENERIC-MMCCAM performed wonderfully for me.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans