Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:25:24 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Cynic" <cynic@mail.cz>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: unwanted messages in console

You need to comment out the following in the /etc/syslog.conf

#*.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit         /dev/console
#*.err                                          root
#*.notice;news.err                              root
#*.alert                                        root
#*.emerg                                        *

save then send a -HUP to syslogd

Ryan