Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 1996 18:48:01 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
Cc:        dunn@dunn.org, Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic - double fault

>On Sun, 9 Jun 1996, David Greenman wrote:
>

>>    Please update your kernel to the "current" -stable. I just reverted the
>> pmap code to what was in 2.1R due to possibly related problems.
>>

>Also, I'm having a problem with the current kernel as well.  It seems
>I am missing the extern defines for the btintr function in ioconf.c.  I
>need these so my Buslogic 946 will work.  What should I do?  I can't seem
>to find the proper include file.  It looks like it was defined in
>bt742a.c but I don't know how I should merge the stuff.

   The kernel config file (and config binary for that matter) is not
compatible between different versions of FreeBSD. You should edit the
"GENERIC" config file to suit your specific needs. I believe the above
problem is caused by a change in the way that the interrupt is specified
for "bt" devices...I think it should look something like:

controller      bt0     at isa? port "IO_BT0" bio irq ? vector bt_isa_intr

-DG

David Greenman