Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:13:33 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Further info on jdk14 problem

Looking at the docs I see that a valid javac needs to be installed.
The linux-sun was giving 'bad system call' on my 4.10.

So I decided to try to put in another javac to see if there would
be a difference.

I installed the linux-ibm-jdk1.4.1, and set the appropriate
variables, and in the end I get the same 'bad system call'

Snipped from the build:
------------------------------
Bootstrap Settings:
   JAVAWS_BOOTDIR = /usr/local/linux-ibm-jdk1.4.1
   BOOTSTRAP J2SDK VERSION: Bad system call (core dumped)
   OUTPUTDIR = /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586

So does that indicate it is indeed an emulation problem, as it now
occurs in both the sun-linux jdk and the ibm-linux.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com