Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 22:16:18 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Market share and platform support

At 08:18 AM 9/9/99 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

>Could you do us a favour, and get on the phone to one another, or something,
>and sort this out?

Probably a good idea.

>FWIW, and from this side of the pond, Brett's raised a couple of interesting
>points re: Walnut Creek and their 'control' of FreeBSD, and what would happen
>if, hypothetically, some other group were to put together a competing
>distribution, and these points have occasionally cropped up at UK User
>Group meetings.  I know I'd like to know what WCs official stance on this
>is.

So would I. What's more, things should be set up in a way that makes it
difficult for WC to renege. Making sure that the FreeBSD project is
more independent of WC, and that the project leaders are not employees
of WC but rather independent contractors (for copyright purposes, this
is important) would be good places to start.

--Brett Glass