Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:56:29 -0500
From:      Jim Pingle <lists@pingle.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports "make fetchindex" still getting outdated INDEX-9

I saw a thread last month about the servers that build INDEX files being
down since the security incident - is that still the case?

The files obtained via make fetchindex are still out of date, so I
assume they're still off, but a while back they were just missed after
some maintenance as well so part of me hoped that it may be the case yet
again.

Any ETA on when that service might return? I can always build the index
manually or use portsnap, but fetchindex is really convenient and I'd
love to see it brought back to life.

Perhaps the fetchindex target could be altered to print a brief message
in the interim so people know that it's not currently being updated?

Jim