Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:34:17 -0500
From:      kkonaka@mac.com
To:        djohnson@acuson.com
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ie(4) - EtherExpress16

hi! - thank you very much,

> If you have the FreeBSD CD, then this is the way to go. Install the base
> system, rebuild the kernel with ie support, then continue. The fact that you
> mentioned this as a viable option makes me believe you have a CD to install
> from. Rebuilding the kernel afterwards is relatively easy provided you read
> the handbook first.

I don't really have a CD, but I've downloaded (maybe...)
everything during the weekend into another linux machine
(oops.?), so I guess it's only a matter of doing ``cp -r''
[then wait for equivalent of a few cup of coffee, or
(probably better) to re-read the handbook/faq :)] to prepare
equivalent media.

> If you don't have the CD then it will involve further work. One possibility
> is installing from an MSDOS partition. The handbook (and faq) covers many
> installation options. Also re-ask the question on the -questions list.

one of the things I was wondering about was => if the
4.4-RELEASE still have the driver (source) code for ie(4) or
not - ie., is it only missing in the kernel configuration
file, or already have dropped the driver source code as well
(do I have to resurrect it from 4.2-RELEASE)? -- stuff like
that. but since you suggest :) -- I'll try the 4.4-RELEASE
PATH first anyway.     ...if I'm stuck - will comeback :)

thank again!!
kenji