Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 1997 15:02:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Soren Dossing <sauber@netcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial port

I run FreeBSD-2.2-BETA and have a modem connection to COM2.

When I boot on the installation boot floppy, the installation program
talks fine with the modem, dials up, runs ppp etc.

But after reboot from HD, I have no longer contact to the modem.

term in ppp is silent, and so is "cu -l /dev/cuaa1 dir".

If I boot in visual mode I can confirm the settings are the same that I
selected when booting from floppy. And there are no conflicts.

si1 is reported to be on irq 3 base 0x2f8 in both cases during boot.

I have the same problem if I use COM1/si0 instead.

Please help. Thanks.
Soren