Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:45:27 -0700
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Inspiron 5160 touchpad stopped working on latest -current.

I hadn't updated in quite a while (not since circa the beginning of
May), so last night I updated my -current source and built the latest
bits.  Then turned the laptop off for the night, planning to test it
this morning.

Well, everything seems to work fine except for the mouse.  I saw
that /dev/psm0 didn't exist (so moused didn't start) and did some
checking.  I turned on every bit of debugging I could find and did a
verbose boot; this is the best I could come up with:

psmcpnp0: <PS/2 mouse port> irq 12 on acpi0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x60,0x64,0x62,0x66 irq 1 on acpi0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
atkbd: the current kbd controller command byte 0065
atkbd: keyboard ID 0x41ab (2)
kbd0 at atkbd0
kbd0: atkbd0, AT 101/102 (2), config:0x0, flags:0x3d0000
ioapic0: routing intpin 1 (ISA IRQ 1) to vector 57
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: current command byte:0065
psm0: the aux port is not functioning (-1).

I checked UPDATING but there's nothing there.  My device.hints just has
the usual, nothing special:

hint.atkbdc.0.at="isa"
hint.atkbdc.0.port="0x060"
hint.atkbd.0.at="atkbdc"
hint.atkbd.0.irq="1"
hint.psm.0.at="atkbdc"
hint.psm.0.irq="12"

And the mouse was working just fine last night, so I'm 99.99% sure it's
not hardware.

So, what gives?  What other information can I give?
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/