Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:05:32 -0200
From:      "Jackson Donadel" <fatboy@linuxbr.com.br>
To:        "Sheldon Hearn" <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: slow login

this don4t sound good

i have a Cheapbytes cdrom, and select to NOT use the foreign encryptation
code, i make a cvsup with a brazilian server(cvsup.br.FreeBSD.org) using
this cvsup.conf

# Supfile Genirico /etc/supfile-generico
#
*default tag=RELEASE_3
*default host=cvsup.br.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr/ncvs
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
# Fontes do Sistema
# A mega-colegco "src-all" baixa todas as colegues individuais "src-*",
exceto "src-crypto",
# "src-eBones" e "src-secure".
src-all

# Ports
# A mega-colegco "src-all" baixa todas as colegues individuais "ports-*"
ports-all

Last month i use the same /usr/ncvs downloaded from cvsup server to update
my machine and this problem don4t occur.
I never use kerberos, never change one line in the fonts talking about
kerberos, what it4s doing there?

> login).  Your telnetd is probably taking ages timing out against a
> non-existant Kerberos server.

after sometime he give the shell, it4s correct the telnetd search for a
kerberos server, if not found authentic the user?

Jackson