Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 05:38:30 +0400
From:      Dmitry Kolosov <onyx@z-up.ru>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerd to use sysctl to import temps to drop freq to avoid  heat	crash

> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 67.0C
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 1
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 90.0C
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: 95.0C
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 100.0C
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC1: 2
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC2: 3
> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TSP: 40

Use
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override=1
in sysctl.conf to allow override of thermal settings. Now you can set custom
_PSV, _HOT and _CRIT. Worked well for me on my previous HP Pavilion dv6 series
laptop.
More complex resolution of overheating problem - consider to sell HP asap and
get any other laptop. HP totaly failed on cooling on almost all models, they
are all hothothot.
--
()  ascii ribbon campaign	- against html mail
/\		 - against microsoft attachments