Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 18:59:15 -0400
From:      dennis@et.htp.com (dennis)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   syscons.c boot hang bug found

I'd been having trouble with my keyboard-less systems hanging on the sc0
device, and I've found the bug that seems to have been causing the problem.
Some of you had indicated that you were using vt0 instead...I tried this and
didn't like it so I was motivated to fix the more familiar sc0 device. The
diff stuff follows:

I've also gotten my "broken" MB to boot by hacking some of the boot code,
although I don't have a tech doc on kb controllers so I woudn't consider the
fixes for general use. I want to thank all that helped me to get these
problems resolved.

Thanks,

dennis

diff file for /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/syscons.c follows:

177c177
<     if (!retries)
---