Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:33:48 -0400
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4-RC1 hang after bt discovered

I just tried to pull Linux off my wife's box and replace it with 4.4-RC1
and 4.3-RELEASE from CD.

Both times I get a hang after the bt device is probed and before the
SCSI devices are found...

Any suggestions.  I believe it has a bt948 on it (PCI).  It was running
a flashport and I swapped it out for the bt948.

The machine has an IDE CD and IDE Windows disk (both master on secondary
and primary ide respectively), 128mb memory, FIC 503+ motherboard with
K6-2/450.  My machine doesn't have the IDE drives -- but has the bt948
as the second scsi controller and a Symbios 815 based controller on
as the primary scsi controller with disks.

Linux works fine on the wife's hardware... I've booted both 2.2 and 2.4
kernels on it and it has a Mandrake 7 load I'm looking to overwrite.

Suggestions?

Bill